Tour Historic Church & No Man's Land Exhibit

Tour Historic Church & No Man's Land Exhibit
May 1, 2020 to May 2, 2020

Tour and exhibit are free to tour.  Enjoy lemonade and homemade tea cakes.  

Friday May 1- 9:00 am to 5:00 pm

Saturday May 2 - 9:00 am to 2:00 pm

The first services of Christ Memorial as a mission were held in Mansfield in 1851, by the Reverend William Scull; there were three communicants present. In January of 1864, the Reverend John Sandels, then of Arkansas, took charge and continued to hold services once a month. The Church was admitted into the Diocese of the Convention in May 1866.

In November of 1950, the corner stone was laid for the construction of the Parish House. Then in May of 1952, the Parish House and St. Anne’s Chapel were consecrated by Bishop Jones. The Chapel had been renovated into a place of worship from a former small, wood-framed store building located on the Terrell Plantation between Mansfield and Naborton. A young theology student held services there for plantation workers for several years. It was moved intact onto the grounds on Christ Memorial where it was encased in brick and adorned with new floors, pews, stained windows and other décor.

Interested in learning more about No Man's Land?  This is your opportunity to learn more about No Man’s Land in DeSoto Parish. The No Man's Land Exhibit will be also available to view at the DeSoto Parish Library Mansfield throughout the month of May.  

 

 

 

Christ Memorial Episcopal Church
401 Washington Avenue
Mansfield, LA 71052